(should you choose to accept this mission)
* Link to the
* Post the rules on your blog.
* Write six random things about yourself.
* Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
* Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
* Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six random things about me... me me me! It's all about me! My favorite subject.
Hmmm... my work has taken me to some interesting places... I think I'll make the 6 random things work-related.
- I once lost a show-down with a possum. I was collecting sewage samples at the time.
- I used to have a security clearance of some kind, not the top one, but that's all I can remember about it. Do you get to keep these things for a lifetime?
- I know where
all someparts of the bodies are buried. I used to be a hazmat emergency responder, and once when we thought we were going to be digging up methyl ethyl bad shit, we found, um, medical waste instead.
- I like cheese. This isn't work-related [so I lied], it's an obscure TV show reference.
- I once lost a show-down with an alligator, a big one [the alligator, not the confrontation]. I was supposed to be harvesting tomatoes [collecting samples] at an experimental farm, in a plot that had been fertilized with... sewage sludge! [some days life can be really crappy] Instead, I spent the afternoon on the roof of the nearest shed, until somebody finally came along in a really big pickup truck.
- The dog and I once raised a litter of orphaned kittens. They were so tiny they couldn't go more than a couple of hours or so without sustenance at first, and they needed to be kept warm, so I snuck them into work in a plastic storage container everyday [they didn't stay a secret for very long]. And did you know that very young kittens need help with their peeing and pooping? I didn't, but I read it on the intertoobz, so I followed instructions [also, I let the dog take care of this part as much as possible].
before food --
even with food in the offing, the black one stays out of camera range --
after food --
I've been really bad about keeping up with my bloggingbuds lately, so if you saw the above kittens, consider yourself tagged.