Monday, June 18, 2007

What I'm reading

You've seen those widgets in people's sidebars, variously titled What I'm Reading or Book List or so forth. Then there are the various blogoland book clubs, some of which I even secretly follow, and there's no dearth of good reviewers out there in cyberspace either. I've got a list of books to read th-i-i-i-i-i-s lo-o-o-o-o-ong that I won't be able to reach the end of, even if I outlive Methuselah and all his grandkids, but there's a special section titled What Keifus Read that resides near the top of the list.

Not to mention a little light reading I was wading through at lunch today:


Just in case you wanted to follow along.

5 comments:

Steve Bates said...

Cool. Keifus has excellent taste, based on just the books on the first list that I've read. You or I could certainly do worse than read the rest!

I've already had my spoonfuls of hardcore political reading for the day, and economics has never been my strong suit, so I'll leave the last two articles of your lunchtime reading to you for the moment.

hipparchia said...

yes, he does. writes well, too.

we can tag team the reading. i spent most of my time on the last two in the list, and only skimmed the first two.

Keifus said...

I'm totally into anything that ends in irs.gov. (Shit, now I'm on the list too!)

Thanks both for the kind words. Been really meaning to keep up with the indexing of those things.

I like the random library selection doodad you have down there. That's way more than I'm going to cobble together though I think.

nuatpns: natural terrapins

K

hipparchia said...

nothing to cobble together, k-dude. signup is akin to getting a fray identity, or possibly a blogger identity.

to enter books into your list, you just turn the book over, look at the back of it, and type in the isbn number. choose a template for the widget that will display on your blog [very much like choosing one of the canned blogger templates], and c&p a little piece of code like you do for sitemeter [i don't remember for sure, but statcounter worked a lot like sitemeter in that regard, i think].

the hard part is putting all the books back on the shelves after you've dragged them over to the computer to type their numbers in.

daveto said...

o/t need a better duke link (please!) thanks