Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Reaching for the nearest dead corvid

I've railed against Obama's illiberal, the-market-will-solve-everything economic advisers -- Austan Goolsbee, Jeffrey Liebman, and David Cutler -- throughout cyberspace and for months on end, and this is one of the big reasons why I decided to not vote for Obama.

Now, though, it looks like I'm going to have to eat crow, at least a small helping anyway.

John Edwards, the candidate I have endorsed and [kindasortamaybe] voted for, has Leo Hindery -- apparently the epitome of evil thieving corporate bastards -- for an economic adviser, while Hillary Clinton's chief adviser -- Gene Sperling -- is associated with The Center for American Progress and believes that educating the girls is the key to eradicating poverty in the Third World.

On the other hand, Edwards does appear to have by far the best plan for getting us through the subprime mess.


Bonus link: Charlie Rose interview with the economic advisers of the three leading candidates. I don't know yet if this one is worth watching; the cats have dismantled my computer speakers [probably because I won't make them some of those kewl toys].

2 comments:

andante said...

I always advocate giving kitties a plain old paper bag. Endless pleasure, especially if you tap on the end a couple of times.

Boo for Edwards bowing out, but he just couldn't seem to get his message through the noise machine.

Why does every candidate I endorse drop out? I'm scared to make any selection now. Guess I'll just be voting AGAINST.

And sweet Jesus - that may be AGAINST John McCain or (gulp) Ralph Nader.

hipparchia said...

i know what you mean. i've been feeling like the exact same kind of jinx myself. i saw that about nader. barf.

i was really hoping edwards would at least stick it out till after supercalifragilisticexpialidocious tuesday at least. and i just checked the draftgore.com site, they're folding up their tent more or less, too.



hee hee. i won't tell you how many paper bags are littering the floor here. grocery-shopping day is a big holiday here. also, they keep raiding the kleenex boxes, second-best cat toy ever invented.