Saturday, January 26, 2008

What am I, chopped liver?



Apparently so.

According to Paul Krugman, I'll be getting a check for $300. A paltry amount, if the idea is to move a sluggish economy, but I'll be spending it, rather than hoarding it, so I'll be doing my part. Three guesses what I'll be spending it on.

And if the check arrives in June, that'll keep all the [four-footed] critters here well-fed and flea-free until about the end of December 2008. How very canny of them, our Congress, timing that little subsidy so that it lasts just long enough to make me feel all warm and fuzzy about them on Election Day, but no longer than that. Can't be wasting those tax dollars, y'know.

3 comments:

Archaeopteryx said...

Jeez. I was counting on 600 bucks to buy cat toys with. 300 dollars just doesn't buy as many catnip mice as it once did.

I don't know where they're getting the money for this "stimulus package." I suppose they had it stashed under a rug somewhere or something, huh?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to hold back some to pay the taxes on it. It is income.

hipparchia said...

arch: maybe it's growing on catnip plants.

bryan: d'ya think the irs will accept payment in flea spray?