Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FRESH Act

Senator Lugar R-IN is a man after my own heart [how in the hell did he end up a Republican?]. From his statement introducing the FRESH Act, his proposed amendment to the farm bill:
I’ve managed my family’s 604-acre corn, soybean and tree farm in Indiana for the last half century, and I’ve served on the Ag Committee for three decades.
Crop insurance, not subsidies. Money for biofuels. Money for specialty crops. Money for environmental and conservation programs. Improve the food stamp program [define improve]. Food for poor kids in the summer [because there aren't free school lunches if you're out of school]. Saves $3 billion over the next five years.

What's not to like?

Is it really as good as it sounds? Dunno. Where I'll be hanging out this evening:

No comments: