Sunday, July 29, 2007

Those Fantastique French & Their Flying Machines

In my previous post, I got interested in that fighter jet's location, but didn't get very far on its raison d'être.

But a Francophonic friend generously donated a few minutes to co-googling, in which we discovered that the Université de Paris X Nanterre has sites at Ville d'Avray and Saint-Cloud, and the IUT de Ville d'Avray, 1 chemin Desvallières, 92410 Ville d'Avray, France) has an Aeronautiques program and publishes research of the applied physics variety. Call me fanciful, but I'm thinking that aeronautiques = aeronautics. Seems like a reasonable spot for a fighter jet to come to rest.



A couple of Google-y side trips along the way:

  • Nicolas Sarkozy attended the University of Paris X Nanterre.

  • If you tire of Google maps for some reason, there's always mappy.com. Am I the only person who thinks of Austin Powers when confronted with MappyMe?

  • I like the computer-geek-y job that I have now and I work with a congenial group of of folks, but I'd love to join any of the women doing robotics.

No comments: